MyBioSource Scholarship Recipients 2017
MyBioSource Scholarship Recipients 2017
MyBioSource's 2017 Scholarship Scholarship awarded five $1,000 awards for S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) majors and five $1,000 awards for all other majors. Congratulations to each of our well-deserved scholarship recipients below:
Eric Rivera - San Antonio, TX
- University of Texas at San Antonio, BiologyEric Rivera and was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. He is currently studying at the University of Texas at San Antonio to get a bachelor's in biology.
Stefani Rosado - Boston, MA
- Boston University, Social WorkStefani is a graduate student at Boston University School of Social Work. She is dedicated to helping the community around her, specifically the Aging & Mental Health population. Stefani is looking forward to furthering her education at BU and making a significant difference in the world.
Christopher Kordes - Amarillo, TX
- West Texas A&M University, Finance and Economics Christopher currently works for the Youth Center of the High Plains Juvenile Detention Facility as an Intake Officer and Juvenile Supervision Officer. He is currently working on a Master of Science in Finance and Economics from WTAMU and is set to graduate in December of 2018. His wife and he are expecting their first child this spring.
Noah H. Adams - Gibsonia, PA
- University of Chicago, Anthropology Noah is currently attending The University of Chicago where he will be studying to earn his Anthropology degree. Noah spent the summer in South Africa with paleoanthropologist, Lee Berger, thanks to the National Eagle Scout Association World Explorers Program. He is excited to learn about the history of different cultures while he is in Chicago.
Hector Tejeda - Far Rockaway, NY
- John Jay College, International Crime and Justice Hector Tejeda is a native New Yorker with family ties in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. In 2016 he graduated from Union College with a BA in Political Science and Sociology. Through his global interest, he has traveled and participated in research in countries such as the Czech Republic and Cuba. After Union, Hector worked in Thessaloniki, Greece with the College of Anatolia. He is currently at John Jay pursuing a master's degree in International Crime and Justice.
Grace Weeks - Indianapolis, IN
- Taylor University, Physics Grace is from Indianapolis. She will be majoring in physics at Taylor University, and hopes to get her doctorate in quantum mechanics.
Megan Novak, Titusville, FL
- University of North Florida, Coastal Biology Megan is a freshman at the University of North Florida in the Hicks Honors College. Inspired by her love of the ocean, she is currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in coastal biology. She looks forward to using this degree to protect the world's natural resources.
Jayne Nguyen - San Diego, CA
- UC San Diego School of Medicine, Medical Student Jayne immigrated to the United States from Vietnam when she was ten years old, and since then has been pursuing her passion for social justice through medicine. Jayne completed a Bachelor's degree at UC Berkeley and is currently a second-year medical student at UC San Diego School of Medicine. Her goal is to be a physician-advocate for underserved communities.
Corey Simmerer - Lewis Center, Ohio
- Duke University, Biomedical Engineering Corey is attending Duke University, planning to major in biomedical engineering. During his high school career, Corey received many academic awards. Outside of school, Corey provided care for his younger special needs sister who has a rare genetic disorder, which has influenced his decision to pursue biomedical engineering.
Jonathan Wong - Arlington, TX
- University of Texas at Austin, Computer Science/Business Jonathan is a freshman currently attending the University of Texas at Austin as a McCombs Presidential Scholar. The STEM field has always been a big factor in his life and he has explored his love of it through hours of study and research at UT Arlington. In the future, Jonathan wishes to combine his love of entrepreneurship and STEM to create his own business related to medicine and innovative technology.